The many freestanding columns at Coburg Palace's central portico inspired the nickname "Castle of Asparagus". The Neoclassical building dating 1845 is nowadays a luxury five star boutique hotel. #photo by #gamanacasa with #huaweip10plus www.gamanacasa.com
| Local Happenings | Visit Church Street for an authentic London street market experience, less than five minutes from Paddington Basin. Community-orientated with a friendly feel, you'll find everything from vintage clothes and jewellery, to household goods and delicious foods. 👞🧣🥘
Calling all Dorset parents! If you fancy treating yourself to afternoon tea with an hour's swim before or after for just £15pp, then quote 'Dorset Mums' at reception. Must be booked between 1-4pm, a child's menu is also available #afternoontea#sweettreats#knollhouse
At @newparkmanorhotel the Head Chef is working on some delicious new seasonal dishes, all of the produce is locally sourced for maximum freshness. Mouth watering! Book you stay now by calling 01590 623467 or click on link in bio ⬆️ #goodfood#newparkmanorhotel
Have yourself a Merry little #Christmas at The Spa... 🎄
There are loads of reasons to visit us during the #festive season, with fun and festivities from 1st Dec right through to New Years Eve! Check out our Christmas and New Year brochure or call the team on 01892 520331 to make your booking.
Our game drives at @wildcoastlodge really delve into the details of the wilderness. This past week was special as it included a really rare and endangered species as well as some fascinating animal behavior. Enjoy our #weekinpictures !
1) Beauty is in the eye of the behold when it comes to the Lesser Adjutant Stork. These rare birds are expert snake catchers and scavengers, eating everything and anything they come across.
2) An incredibly lucky sighting of an extremely rare (and endangered) and stunning Black Necked Stork. A trip to Bundala National Park is worth it for this alone.
3) This poor terrapin met an untimely demise by this monster crocodile. An incredible sighting, but the terrapin obviously wouldn’t feel the same way
4) These two Elephants bulls hammered it out for 10 minutes in a clash of giants, battling for dominance. Eventually the one on the right, although slightly bigger, gave up.
5) Two stunning Malabar Pied Hornbills put on a show for us. These large birds pair up for life, and the loss of one can be devastating for the other.
6) One of the most beautiful birds in the Park, the Chestnut-Headed Bee-Eater. There are three species of Bee-Eater in Sri Lanka, with this species being the largest.
7) An incredible sunset experienced in the park itself. These ancient boulders are something else! #gamedrive#wilderness#wildlife#naturelover#natgeo#srilankatrip#monday#wildcoastlodge#yalanationalpark#ranger
There's nothing better than a cosy night in sat in front of a roaring open fire! If you fancy a traditional Christmas stay with us then book now from £899 for two night's dinner, bed and breakfast. Call 01929 450450 or click on the link in bio ⬆️ #christmas2018#cosy#knollhouse